Call to Artists
Florence Quater Gallery
Southwest University of Visual Arts
2538 N. Country Club Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85716
A Laugh, a Smirk, or a Snicker
October 16 - November 27, 2017
Humor can break barriers. It can change our perspective and make us receptive to new
ideas. Humor helps us to communicate our message, and in doing so humor connects
us. Because of this, there are many different ways to express and experience humor.
Florence Quater Gallery at Southwest University of Visual Arts, is celebrating the many
ways artists express themselves through humorous means. Art will be selected for inclusion by an interdisciplinary panel of jurors.
- All artists over the age of 18 and practicing in the United States are eligible.
- Artwork in any media is welcome. This includes, but is not limited to, drawing, painting, illustration, multi-media, sculpture, photography, and time-based works.
- Both non-representational work and representational work are welcome.
- Artwork cannot exceed 75lbs, or 10 feet in any direction.
- Artists may submit up to 3 works for jurying. Work must be sent as a JPEG file. All submissions should be no larger than 1000px on the longest side.
- Artist statement.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify “Laugh, Smirk, Snicker Submission” in the subject line of the email.
- Submissions due September 12, 2017.
- All entrants will be notified of acceptance status by September 17, 2017.
- Accepted work must be delivered to gallery by October 4, 2017. All artwork must be ready for installation and meet appropriate gallery quality standards. We reserve the right to exclude any works that do not meet professional gallery standards. Exhibiting artists are responsible for transporting artwork to and from the gallery. Return shipping label must be included in all shipped work.
- All accepted artists must sign SUVA loan agreement (delivered to artists via email). Loan agreement due by September 24, 2017.
- Exhbited artwork will be returned no later than December 15, 2017.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.